This is only for single user computer, if it's a shared computer, please contact Help Desk, and Include the following note in the ticket request: "DFCI Research – backup software request."
We start install Crashplan backup software to new computers. If you want to install it yourself, you can download the install from our file server:
- For Mac: click Go, Connect to Server, and type in smb://rc-stor2.dfci.harvard.edu/rcsoftware and click Guest, click connect. go to mac-software, CrashPlanPROe folder.
- For PC: map network drive and type this for server path: \\rc-stor2.dfci.harvard.edu\rcsoftware, then go to pc-software, CrashPlanPROe folder.
System requirement for Crashplan: Mac 10.9 or higher, PC Windows 7 or higher.
After installation, go run the crashplan software and set it up as below:
Go to the Applications Folder and run CrashPlan
Either you look for the small icon from the bottom right corner and double click to open, Or Go to the Programs, CrashPlan PROe folder and run Crashplan PROe
- Type in your Firstname, Lastname, email address as username, your partners password (2x), click Create Account
- Next it will scan your user folder, wait till it's finish, click Start Backup for "DFCI Cloud"
- It will continue to backup from outside of DFCI