The Partners system limits the size of email attachments that can be sent. Email with attachments that are two megabytes or larger will be blocked (will not be sent). This blocking is done silently, meaning you will not be notified.
To send an email with attachments that are two megabytes or larger, use Research Computing's special transfer server. Attachment file(s) uploaded to the transfer server will be available to your email recipients via a link.
- Go to http://transfer.dfci.harvard.edu
- Log in with your Partners ID, your email password, and enter "Partners" for the domain
- Upload the file(s) to the transfer server
- Click "Manage Packages"
- Click "Create Package"
*If Java is installed, drag and drop the file(s) into the "Files" box. If Java is not installed, proceed by clicking "Upload without applet"
- Give the Package a name
- If Java is installed, drag and drop the file(s) into the "Files" box. If you don't have Java, upload the file(s) and click "Save"
- Click the "Create Delivery" button on the right side of the screen
- Enter the email address(es) the attachments should be sent to. Either enter a message or just click the "Send" button at the bottom of the screen. A link will be sent to the recipient(s), who will be directed to download the file(s) from the server. You will receive an email when the email recipient(s) has read the message.