If you are using a laptop, make sure you connect to Ethernet or phswifi3 first.
PC; (If you are using a partners pc and mapping a research drive, you can use the Mapping Tool below or follow the instructions on #2 manually.)
- to map any network drive, download this utility: Map Network Drive, unzip it to run.
- Right click on My Computer, and select Map Network Drive.
- Type in the server path, click Connect using different credentials, click Finish.
- (click use another account if you see it) Type in research-server\username, follow by the research password
- for example, mapping to \\rc-stor4.dfci.harvard.edu\myshare
- for username, (click use another account if you see it), then type rc-stor4\your-username, follow by the research password
to map a network drive, click Go, Connect to Server:
- for Research Drive, type smb://servername.dfci.harvard.edu/share
- for Partners Drive, type smb://servername.partners.org/share
type in username and password, click Connect.