If you are using a laptop, make sure you connect to Ethernet or phswifi3 first.
Before you start:
- the server RC-STOR4, below, is just an example. Be sure you use the server name you received from us.
- for <myshare> substitute the name of the share you have received from us.
- angle brackets "< >" are never part of the server name or share name.
- a "server path" consists of a server name and a share name (see example below)
- If you are a PC user AND have a Partners PC AND you are mapping a research drive
- you can use the Mapping Tool below or follow the instructions on #2 manually.
PC: (If you are using a partners pc and mapping a research drive, you can use the Mapping Tool below or follow the instructions on #2 manually.)
- With Mapping Tool: to map any network drive, download this utility: Map Network Drive, unzip it to run.
- Without Mapping Tool:
- Right click on My Computer, and select Map Network Drive.
- Type in the server path, click Connect using different credentials, click Finish.
- (click use another account if you see it) Type in <server-name>\username, follow by the research password
- for example, mapping to \\rc-stor4.dfci.harvard.edu\myshare
- for username, (click use another account if you see it), then type <server_name>\<your-username>, followed by the research password
In case you get an error about SMB1, follow this:
To map a network drive, in Finder, click Go, Connect to Server:
- for Research Drive, type smb://<servername>.dfci.harvard.edu/<share_name>
- for Partners Drive, type smb://<servername>.partners.org/<share_name>
Enter your username and password, click Connect.